Friday, September 29, 2017

Memories that last!

This past Monday, I was walking my colleague, Eric, through the halls of HHS, discussing plans that had been made for various teachers. As we walked around Eric was warmly greeted by so many former students. Every single one of them stood in disbelief that he was walking around their high school and you could see many fond memories of being in his middle school class come rushing back to these kids. Their smiles were as big as his, and my heart was happy!

That connection that we have with our students is truly what makes a difference in their lives. Students might not remember all of the content that we teach, or ever know about the hours that we pour into making our lessons the best they can be. But they certainly remember how they felt in our class every day.

I am blessed to work with such an amazing Digital Learning team. I am looking forward to reconnecting with some more of my own former students and learning about the great things they have accomplished thus far!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It's my prayer that these transition bring many more pleasant surprises to each of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, and yes, it is so wonderful to see my kids. You are right, its all about those connections- they will last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete